The Jackie Briggs Open Rinks took place on Saturday 24th June 2017. Winners and losers are as follows:
Mark Stewart, Barry Patterson, Mike Murray & David Ramsay
Paul Kirkland, Stephen Kirkland, Alfie King & Gavin Ramsay
The Jackie Briggs Open Rinks is sponsored by Grant McPherson, GKM Plastering
The rules of this competition are as follows:
- The entry fee is £10 per rink.
- The competition will follow a Round Robin format and consist of 5 games for each rink.
- Each round will start at the times stated above and will consist of 40 minutes play.
- Each round will start and end on the bell. If the jack has been thrown prior to the final bell, the end will be played.
- There is no trial end.
- All burnt ends will count.
- The THREE section winners and highest up runner-up will progress to the Semi Finals.
- Two points will be awarded for a win and one for a draw.
- In the event of a tie in the group stage “Shots For” and if necessary “Ends Won”, will be used to determine a winner.
- In the event of a tie in either the Semi-Final or Final an extra end will be played to determine the winner.
- Prize money per rink: Winners £240, Runners-up £120, Beaten Semi-finalists £60.
Jackie Briggs was a much respected former President of Leith Bowling Club who initially sponsored this competition.